Story behind your name? (and other [fluff] from me)

• Cocaine.

• @swatllama said in Story behind your name? (and other [fluff] from me):

Cocaine.

I value your honesty.

• I've always had the name Pointblank, ever since I first downloaded cube (without wifi- it wasn't fun) , allthough lately I've tried other names such as Pointless and Kamikaze. Pointless is used primarily when I'm fed up with something I can't change, i.e. editting, ping, noobs, etc.
    I like to use Kamekaze when I feel like taking on the whole enemy team on my own, just wanting to go down kicking.
    My Ao1 tag is from my justice days. After I left the dwindling LnD clan (Legends never die-- I was the last member) , I wanted to start my own thing. I tried ARF (advanced rifle fighters) and maybe a few others before settling on the Army of 1, primarily because I did not expect any recruits.
    Unexpectedly, however, at one point there were actually 13 members on collect. Each member has their own tag based on the order they joined: Ao1 as the leader, Ao2 as second in command, Ao3 was the third person to join, Ao4 was fourth. The numbers didn't actually represent rank though, I respected and trusted them equally. However, lately none of the original team can be found and it's back to just me: the original one-man army.

(P.S. Nova, Whitefang, anyone else, Idk where you are, but it'd be awesome to bring the clan back: maybe just up to Ao6)

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank said in Story behind your name? (and other [fluff] from me):

I've always had the name Pointblank, ever since I first downloaded cube (without wifi- it wasn't fun) ,

tell me about it! i'm still on ethernet cables, they are such stable, much less noise even if they are wireless!

• @DipShitStar I downloaded the game without wifi. I used the arcane art of "dial-up". I believe the Neanderthals used it. Obviously, it was impossible to play on servers, so I only could do bot matches for over a year. It did increase my accuracy and feel for maps though. So when I got wifi, I already had substantial training.

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank My setup adapts a tv cable from the wall into a crappy modem, which is connected to an equally crappy router, which sits right next to my dad's cathode ray-tube tv causing constant interference. The service is Comcast basic, the worst class of service from the worst provider in the country. It is affordable though. Which is a big reason I play cube in the first place.

Ne cede malis

@DipShitStar I downloaded the game without wifi. I used the arcane art of "dial-up". I believe the Neanderthals used it. Obviously, it was impossible to play on servers, so I only could do bot matches for over a year. It did increase my accuracy and feel for maps though. So when I got wifi, I already had substantial training.

Dial me up, before you go go

• @DipShitStar ...you do know how hellish it is to use dual up, right?

Ne cede malis

• This post is deleted!

• @DipShitStar 0_1477505356231_4ec25b2b1861333124001e92.png

More like that...

Ne cede malis

• interesting... you seem to know the concept of troll

@Ao1-Pointblank My setup adapts a tv cable from the wall into a crappy modem, ...

internet out of a cable box wall mount isn't dial-up: you can't dial your TV

• @DipShitStar I know. That is the setup I have now. Dial up is what I had over a year ago through a little decice (also called a modem) that plugged into a USB port, and adapted it to a phone plug in the wall.

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank I loved the SP part of cube and sauer!

• @swatllama yes, it's not bad. I kinda wish there was a competitive DMSP mode that worked in multiplayer

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank we need a battlefield mode in sauer...everything battlefield has but sauer engine.. : D

• @julia Associated with Atilla the Hun? How so?

GUNS!

• @Shikijo havn't played battlefield yet.

Ne cede malis

• I was 12. I googled Cool Screen Names and found Midnite Star. I changed the spelling to MidnyteStar and eventually dropped the Star, and added the ~. Ta-da! Midnyte~
    I'm so unique...

• My name originally started out as a normal English name such as Killer Blade.
    I then eventually moved on to "Puro Y Diaboli" (Latin for Pure and Devil) because foreign words made names sound so much cooler.
    I got deep into many FPS games not excluding TF2 and have many times experienced players spamming chats with screams and random noises.Eventually I started following the "spam trend" and looked up tutorials on how to micspam.After spamming multiple servers with annoying sounds and getting banned or kicked I moved on to spamming music such as House,Dubstep and even answered song requests and thus gaining the reputation as DJ.

From there it evolved from "PuroYDiaboli[DJ]" to "Genre of Legend[DJ}" and finally after getting under the influence of Japanese animation "termed as Anime" I permanently set it to "OngakuFairu[DJ]" or "音楽ファイル" which when translated to English means "Music File"

What'd I miss?