Another Master Application!

• Masters

Hi All,

I think most know me by now. I had some other usernames (Pappa and Saffer). I would like to be master, to help kick the cheaters who are ruining the game for all. (Like Sew just now!)

Cheers,

Springbok

• May the Savior come...

• Hello Springbok.
    Please give us some additional information.
    For example:

Your game history. [How many years, previous clans...]
    The reasons why you need the master rights.
    A little bit about you as a person. We need to know what kind of guy you are.
    Additional talents and skills - Anything that could be helpful.

Try to sell youself.

About the procedure:
    Within the next days, the masters will discuss this matter and make their decision.
    During this time, you should expect additional questions and requests. Try to check this forum several times per day, in order to be able to answer in time. In the best case, you follow the advice above and make further questions unnecessary.

• @Springbok I love to watch in the spectrum, as the second team happily carries the flags...10 players were not against the cheater. Their will to victory was simply amazing .... .. as long as there is such tolerance, these freaks will arise in the game periodically

• Masters

Ok, Let me try :)

I am not sure how many years I have been playing, but it is at least 5 years. I started with the username Pappa (which means dad in Afrikaans). This was because me and my kids were playing on our internal network. So when I stated playing online, I registered the name for name protection.

After a few years (I have been in the top 10 on Demophobia because of the many games I played) my computer crashed and I lost my auth. So I started playing as Saffer (which is short for South African and again reached the top 10 in Demophobia). I installed Linux and used the Springbok name on my Linux machine. As you can see, I do not use the Windows machine anymore :)

Clans: I have never been in a clan until Ventress invited me to join SM.

About myself: I am in my naughty forties and work as a Data scientist. I can program, but does not program regularly. When ever I am not playing Sauer, I am most likely busy playing around with Home Automation or with my 3D printer.

I do not plan on really doing much with Master, except kicking obvious cheaters and maybe helping to balance the games.

As I play a lot, I am sure it can be beneficial for all except the cheaters, if I am a master.

• @Springbok I really think we do need more masters willing to force balance when it is clear the winning team will not.

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank
    Forcing balance is a very bad idea. People do their best to contribute to their team, and then you steal the victory from them, by putting them into the losing team. This makes the whole effort pointless.
    Besides, this will most likely be abused. People will always switch the best players, in order to win the game.

Additionally, I have told you several times, that balance in numbers is completely meaningless.
    Three people of my level would completely destroy ten of yours. By following your logic, this would be incredibly unbalanced...

Anyway, if you want to solve this problem, then you must stop the people that leave in the middle of the game. The reason for unbalanced teams is a lack of discipline. The kids get frustrated and leave. A possible solution would be to create a certain interval for leaving. For example the last two minutes of a game, and the first two minutes of the next game. Everybody who leaves outside of that interval gets a penalty, for example a two hour ban. I personally find such politics ridiculous, but this would be the way...

• Masters

@Ao1-Pointblank i agree, lots of people are always asking to balance, luckily most people will just switch, but would make the proccess faster.

• Masters

@Sweeper Maybe to have the ability to switch up teams, you would have had to be a master for a certain amount of time, so you are trusted. So its something you have to earn rather than just coming with auth. But im not sure if its possible to add that in.

• Masters

Regarding the balancing of teams: I am always willing to switch, as long as it is to a losing team. A winning team asking for balance just fell on deaf ears :) But balancing for a losing team will help the game.

• Masters

@Springbok Agreed, but i see where sweeper is coming from as in the wrong hands it can destroy a game, thats why i think it should come with trust, if you can be trusted with master, im sure you'll be trusted with balancing.

• @Sweeper Well hopefully players of your skill have honor to match and recognise an unbalance and fix it themselves. But i am talking about the average players here.

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank
    You do not understand it. The game is already unbalanced if I am in one of the two teams. Balance in numbers in meaningless. There is no reason to balance the teams.
    A few players less have no impact on the outcome of the game. Balance is just an excuse brought up by noobs to justify bad performances. Good players simply keep playing.

• @Sweeper We do not consider those rare cases when the gods of the Sauer descend to earth. Very often there is a situation where in one team all the newcomers - in the other all the players of a good level. Yes, I will continue to play against all the strong players regardless of the weakness of my team. But what is the interest of the strong?

• @julia
    People grow in tough situations. When I started to play, it was common that there were five or six players of my current level on the server. Sometimes they all were in the same team. In such a case there are two options: The first method would be to run away. People will leave the server or start to complain. It is the path of least resistance. Cowardice and lazyness. The second option would be to fight. Your chances of winning are very low, but it is a challenge that forces you to become better. It is a question of mentality. I have never complained, and now I am a good player. The ones that complained back then, are still bad. Without effort, there won't be success. It is a basic rule. I have neither mercy nor pity for them. Man forges his own destiny.

• @Sweeper It is an honor for me to play against strong players. This is good study. But you did not answer my question: what is the interest of high-level players in the game against Inept players?)

• Masters

@Sweeper I guess, because if there was a team full of beginners and a team full of pros the, the only team that is going to benefit from the match are the beginners as they can pick up on new skills from the pros rather than just quieting and waiting for people you're own level to play. How is that going to help as most likely they know just as much as you so there is no progress made.

• As for the springbok application, for many months I see him playing and I like he
    because he has always been corrected with the other players.

About balancing ... as saying "Ao1 Pointblank" the number would not be important as
    few players may be worth more than many poor players ...
    But on average, I prefer to change teams, when unbalanced, to balance the score.
    When the score is very similar, all players give the soul a chance to win and the
    game becomes very dynamic. Of course this should not be done more than once during the game otherwise you lose the sense of the game

• A new thread has been created to discuss the subject of balancing teams, if anyone wishes to participate. Please keep this thread purely for its intended purpose i.e. @Springbok's Master application.
    Thank you.

• This post is deleted!