[Pasta Delivery] Auto-balance

• FAG

0_1546983944448_bergold_knecht.png

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• Masters

@DipShitStar Good album!

• Masters

@DipShitStar screw you sir i am going home.

• Masters

I tried to add it on Rigatoni.
    It does not work: https://github.com/benzomatic/spaghettimod-extra/issues/1
    Plz fix or explain :smiley:

• Looks like it didn't take spectators into account, the issue should be resolved now. :thumbsup_tone2:

• Masters

I thought I should mention this: http://pastaland.ovh/topic/560/springbok-think-his-god-on-server-pastaland-rigatoni-rugby
    With the autobalance script, how often do masters really need to manually balance ?
    That being said, I think 80% of the time, those crying for balance are just whiners, the funniest ones being the ones that don't notice there is an odd number of active players, so there is nothing that can be done with the 1 player difference.

• they find time to follow the balance, but they do not follow the flag, the base and the flagrunner ... I like this approach to the game)

• Masters

Reading through the logic of the auto balance, I must say it sounds great. Will have a look how it plays out. Thanks Benz!

• Masters

I hate it. Just played a game where we won, everyone has a flag point, even those with like < 5 frags and just at the end it puts me in the other team because they start to ragequit.

• @Obstriegel said in [Pasta Delivery] Auto-balance:

I hate it. Just played a game where we won, everyone has a flag point, even those with like < 5 frags and just at the end it puts me in the other team because they start to ragequit.

interesting... there is sum tin wong with the idea of balance scripts.... who could have known ?
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• Masters

@DipShitStar I am sure you thought a lot about balance already. Because your left tit is much larger than the right.

• alt text

I told you it was retarded, forcing to a team midgame is annoying

the server will balance itself with new clients connecting, there are just too many idiots, which you listened to, saying "BALANCE" after 5 seconds, where one team has 12 players and the other has 10

• the server will balance itself with new clients connecting

sure, although sometimes this takes pretty long but it's immediately bound to people invoking their arsenal of <~~ bAlAnCe ~~> binds.
    this mod was just an attempt to keep team differences to a minimum and calm down the balance enthusiasts in the process, because in my experience the alternative is being force-switched by some master anyways (after the b-word has been dropped) - mostly in a more disruptive manner than how this does it

if you care about the games on public or have a situation like obst's, of course it's annoying to be switched. but in most cases the players dont even notice lol

• Masters

@benzomatic You are correct, and further, most people do not notice there is an imbalance if there are 12 vs 10.... The annoyance is when it's 3 vs 5, and and the Flag Score sound is going off like someone has one of those rapid Flag Cheats... True, no one likes to suddenly be switched, however it is far less annoying than having a likeable Map end in a few seconds.... IMO (For what it's worth)

Noli nothis permittere te terere

• if the alternative is being forced-switched, then the solution is getting rid of bad master behavior

a game that ends quickly will not be swayed by one player being switched by the auto-balancer, especially if it selects the player who does very little

the game naturally balances out due to players voluntarily switching/connecting and has no disruption, as opposed to the script, which i don't think can even properly discern what is balanced, because there are more factors than # players on each team. (score, idlers, skill level, etc)

• didnt take long to find an example0_1557794382242_screenshot_782592.png

• it was clear from the beginning that this doesn't actually solve skill balance. a better solution is to scrap teamswitching and instead use something like sauertracker records to shuffle all of the teams in the beginning to have a better mix from the get-go.
    this module could also be used to only solve extreme situations, eg if an unpopular map is loaded and half of the enemy team disconnects. but it's true that it shouldn't for example give the winning team more players.

i don't think balancing the game in unbalanced situations is bad master behaviour, this mod was designed to do what a master would do, but in soft mode. if it's still too much of a burden, or doesn't do what it's supposed to do , by all means deactivate it. i'm aware it's not the ideal solution and i don't think numbers balance is that important either, so thank you for your feedback.
    if i have time i can look at how to maybe use Origin's mix-like sauertracker balance or optimize this mod, to offer a less disruptive alternative, but until now i was under the impression that in most cases it is still a net positive.

• Masters

@benzomatic Thanks man.... Don't lose your "real" Life on this BS....... It really is not that important....

Noli nothis permittere te terere

• Masters

I would add "map" to Frosty's list (think asymmetric maps that clearly have a stronger side, dust2 & fc5 come to mind).
    I think the next big feature request will be an auto-mute for more than 1 balance request during a 10s interval ;-)

• 0_1557882987332_screenshot_922244.png

the script also can't detect when players are focusing on cutting trees instead :D